Over 40 years strong
The Ballan Autumn Festival is an annual celebration of our local culture, creativity and community. It’s one of the regional country fairs in the Moorabool Shire; 2017 attendance was over 9,000 visitors over the course of the day.
Want to stay up to date with the latest festival news?
Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/BallanAutumnFestival
Each year the theme of the festival changes to keep it exciting! The next festival will be held on 18 March 2018 in the main street of Ballan (Inglis Street). We are one of the few festivals in Victoria that can actually close down the main street, turning this space into a large pedestrian zone so that our local traders can benefit from the increased number of visitors and foot traffic.
The street is lined with over 100 stalls and food outlets, with dedicated areas devoted to:
- rides and attractions;
- live music and entertainment;
- woodchop competition;
- vintage cars & machinery;
- animals & petting zoo;
- pet show.
The festival will have a full entertainment line-up, and the highlight of the festival is the Grande Street Parade and float competition: celebrating local community groups, schools and organisations that make up our community. The local schools never disappoint the crowds and actively contribute to each year’s theme – the smile on the children’s faces while sitting and waving on the back of a ute or trailer is really something special.
The target audience for the event is primarily families, with our other core audiences being the elderly and young couples.
The Ballan Autumn festival is organised by the dedicated volunteers of the Ballan Autumn Festival Association Inc.
About Ballan Autumn Festival Association Inc.
The Ballan Autumn Festival Association Inc. is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission ABN 27431474030.
The purposes of the association are –
- to organise the Ballan Autumn Festival and other local community events, as a celebration of our unique culture, creativity and community;
- to showcase the township of Ballan and surrounding communities: highlighting the benefits, lifestyle and commercial opportunities which are part of living in rural Victoria; and
- to work closely with other local associations and community groups to actively encourage a higher level of tourism opportunities (both intra- and inter- state) whilst also promoting regular visitation from Melbourne metropolitan areas.
The association has a strong history of supporting our community and over 40 years’ experience in putting on quality events that add to the economic and commercial opportunities of the shire and surrounding areas.