Online registration: opening soon!
The highlight of the Ballan Autumn Festival is always the colourful characters and floats that make up our Grand Parade.
2017 Theme: Mad Hatters Tea Party
We’re all mad here! Show us what MAD means to you! More details to be released shortly.
What you need to know about the parade:
- Mayor’s Award for the most outstanding float by a community group
- Most popular sporting group
- Most outstanding commercial entry
- Most outstanding individual entry
- Most outstanding school entry
- Most outstanding classic car entry
- Most outstanding vintage machine entry
- Most outstanding festival theme entry
- Encouragement award
- Parade starts at 11am. If you are spectating, the good vantage points go early. Hang around the centre stage from 10:30am onwards.
- For entrants, parade marshalling begins at 10:30am.
- Parade entrants are to register to the parade marshalls no later than 10:45am.
- Classic / Vintage Cars
- Classic / Vintage Machinery
- Community Groups
- Dogs and other pets
- School Groups
- Sporting Groups
All parade entrants must pre-register online. Then, on the day, look for our parade marshalls who will be located on the corner of Stead and Steiglitz Street, Ballan. They will direct you as to where you will be positioned in the procession, and you will line up along Steiglitz Street in a pre-determined parade order.