Online registration opens January 2019
The highlight of the Ballan Autumn Festival is always the colourful characters and floats that make up our Grande Parade.
2018 Theme: Mad Hatters Tea Party
They say we’re all MAD here in Ballan! This year, show us what MAD means to you!
- Will you recreate a scene from Alice in Wonderland?
- Will you pay tribute to Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge) the English mathematician who first published Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland in 1865?
- Will you explore of the many famous quotes in the book:
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”
- “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
- “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.”
- “Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
What you need to know about the parade:
- Mayor’s Award for the most outstanding float by a community group
- Most popular sporting group
- Most outstanding commercial entry
- Most outstanding individual entry
- Most outstanding school entry
- Most outstanding classic car entry
- Most outstanding vintage machine entry
- Most outstanding festival theme entry
- Encouragement award
- Parade starts at 11am. If you are spectating, the good vantage points go early. Hang around the centre stage from 10:30am onwards.
- For entrants, parade marshalling begins at 10:30am.
- Parade entrants are to register to the parade marshalls no later than 10:45am.
- Classic / Vintage Cars
- Classic / Vintage Machinery
- Community Groups
- Dogs and other pets
- School Groups
- Sporting Groups
All parade entrants must pre-register online. Then, on the day, look for our parade marshalls who will be located on the corner of Stead and Steiglitz Street, Ballan. They will direct you as to where you will be positioned in the procession, and you will line up along Steiglitz Street in a pre-determined parade order.