For the opportunity to showcase your products and services to over 9000 people, you won’t want to miss the Ballan Autumn Festival. From local hand-made specialty foods to the resellers of popular items, the festival provides the perfect environment to connect with new customers.
Book early to avoid disappointment!
It’s no secret – stalls at the Ballan Autumn Festival sell quickly. Get your expression of interest in early to secure the best spots.
- Download and read through the Market Stall Guide by clicking here.
- Complete the online expression of interest form, and supply the relevant insurance and food handling (if required) documentation.
- Your application will be reviewed which will be assessed for suitability by the committee.
- If you are successful, you will be provided an invoice for payment. Payment can be made online via Visa, MasterCard or bank transfer. We do not accept cash on the day.
- Your booking will be confirmed upon receipt of payment and stall allocation will be provided early March.
To complete your application online, you will need to supply the following information.
For all stall holders:
- Your details:
- Name and address details
- Organisation / Business name
- Email, Phone &/or website
- Brief description of your stall setup and what you intend on selling
- Your stall site preference – see stall fees below for more information
- Confirmation of generator noise restrictions
- Acceptance of our Market Stall Terms and Conditions.
- Evidence of current commercial and public insurance cover that covers the full day.
For all food and consumable vendors:
Requirements for all stall holders as above, plus:
As the Festival is held on the main street of Ballan, you must supply everything you need to trade on the day.
There is no power available and generators must comply with the restrictions outlined in the Market Stall Guide.
All marquees must be weighed down. The committee reserve the right to suspend your trade if we believe the site poses a risk to festival goers.
If you are in need of marquee hire, the Ballan Farmers Market have a selection of marquees available for hire. Please contact the Farmers Market directly on 0498 361 291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange hire.
One of the Ballan Autumn Festival Association Inc’s objectives is to increase the commercial opportunities available for local traders within the Moorabool shire. To achieve this, we operate a two tiered pricing model; one price for traders whose registered address is within the Moorabool Shire, and one price for those outside the shire.
|Stall Type||Registered Address||Fee|
Community stalls and information booths.
|Registered within Moorabool shire||$30|
|Registered outside Moorabool shire||$40|
|Food and Beverage|
Food and beverages consumed on the premises served on mass.
|Registered within Moorabool shire||$75|
|Registered outside Moorabool shire||$160|
|Makers (not resellers)|
Handmade items, gourmet preserves, baked goods or specialty foods and beverages.
|Registered within Moorabool shire||$40|
|Registered outside Moorabool shire||$50|
|Mixed Commercial |
Resellers (not food or beverage).
|Registered within Moorabool shire||$60|
|Registered outside Moorabool shire||$80|
All store holders are required to have commercial and personal liability insurance and must supply documentation to evidence this. If your stall or exhibit is found to be responsible for injuring someone else or damaging their property, public liability insurance provides cover for the cost of damages and legal representation.
Why do I need to source my own Public Liability Insurance?
We have over 100 stalls and food outlets all selling different products and services – and all with varying degrees of risk (someone with a pig on the spit carries more of a risk then someone selling jewellery). A one size product does not fit everyone, and if we were to put insurance on top of the cost of a stall, individuals would end up paying more to compensate those who carry a higher risk. It is more cost effective get your own insurance that’s reflective of your level of risk.
This is now a common theme for most large festivals, and there are a number of providers who can provide you with a quote, such as:
- AAMI: Public Liability insurance for market stalls and trade exhibitors.
Phone: 13 22 44
- AUZI: Online Marketstall Insurance for Public and Products Liability – Quotes online in 30 seconds!
Phone: 1300 939698
- NetInsure: Immediate Online Insurance Cover
Phone: (02) 9604 6166
You can also find insurance cover through an association membership such as
- TradersVoice – a $200 membership includes $20 million Public Liability Insurance.
Phone: 1300 572 722
In no way does the Ballan Autumn Festival Association Inc. endorse any of the products listed above. These are provided as a guide only. You should seek professional advice that takes into account your own circumstances to find the right product for you.
** Please note we are having problems uploading WORD documents and we’re currently working through this issue. Please upload your documents as PDFs. Click here for instructions. **
The most common problems with the web form include:
- uploading large attachments – An attachment should not be more than 1 – 2 MB. The bigger your file is, the longer it will take up upload after you press submit. Please only press submit once and wait for the confirmation page to load.
- not completing all required fields – please double check that you have filled in all required fields (marked with an *).
If you’re still having problems with the form, you can download our PDF versions of the application form. Return details are contained on the form.